The Chris4Life foundation has launched the Chris4Life Colorectal Cancer Resource Guide for patients recently diagnosed with Colorectal Cancer which has been made payable through the Erica Paul Memorial Fund. The guide is a multi-media resource DVD which will be available for free to each of the nationally recognized comprehensive cancer centers and also on-line.
An unscripted patient focused one-to-one discussion; the resource guide helps the recently diagnosed patient with information from other patients, oncological and gastrointestinal medical professionals as well as an oncological therapist. These individuals speak directly to the patient from their personal experiences to help provide answers and insights into what the patient may expect during their treatment and care.
This guide is a one of a kind resource that helps the patient navigate through some of the most frightening and unfamiliar subject matter associated with a recent colorectal cancer diagnosis from the comfort of their home. It not only touches on what the patient can expect physically and medically, but also addresses the emotional, personal, and day-to-day issues that the patient may experience from the viewpoint of those who have been touched by the disease personally.
Topics included in the DVD are:
- Chapter One - Just Diagnosed
- Chapter Two - Becoming Your Own Advocate
- Chapter Three - Treatments
- Chapter Four - Managing Side Effects and Recurrence
- Chapter Five - Quality of Life and The Caregiver
- Chapter Six -The Other Side of Cancer and Inspirational Messages
Patients can access the Chris4Life Colorectal Resource Guide through their comprehensive cancer center; on-line or to request a hard copy please complete the below form.
Are you at Risk For Colorectal Cancer?
- 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths for men and women combined
- Colonoscopies not only discover cancer, but can also stop cancer
- 50% of Americans still do not get colonoscopy reimbursement
- Colon cancer research is still vastly under-funded