Patient Support Program
No one should have to go through the process of colon cancer treatment alone and Chris4Life is striving to eliminate that possibility through the Patient Support Program. The purpose of our Patient Support Program is to make the stress of dealing with colon cancer treatment less confusing and solitary by providing consistent first-line peer level contact. Drawing directly from the best practices of cancer peer support organizations, expertly trained Chris4Life Patient Mentors will provide those recently diagnosed with colon cancer a peer contact that can:
- Help them navigate through the hospital and healthcare systems;
- Find available social resources;
- Offer suggestions on the best way to communicate questions and information to their physicians and other healthcare providers; and
- Lend much needed emotional support
By creating a strong triangle of care that includes their medical team, social work team, and peer mentorship team, the goal of the Chris4Life Patient Support Program is to ensure that every colon cancer patient gets the support they need and deserve.
If you are a patient in need of a peer mentor or would like to participate in the Chris4Life Patient Support Program as a mentor, please contact us at email@example.com.
Are you at Risk For Colorectal Cancer?
- 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths for men and women combined
- Colonoscopies not only discover cancer, but can also stop cancer
- 50% of Americans still do not get colonoscopy reimbursement
- Colon cancer research is still vastly under-funded